Work With Fiverr
If you are marketing online, you will need to work with Fiverr sooner or later, perhaps, you have already done so, and maybe you are already a member, as a seller, or a buyer, or both.
I have been a member myself since 2011, but never paid attention to it until early 2013, when I thought that if I were to put in some efforts, I could perhaps make so money.
So I started promoting my Gigs on my social media
I also created more Gigs and promoting some more. Sales started to come in, more and more, month after month. To date, I have sold for nearly $35,000 worth of services (I never knew I had so much to offer).
I have successfully delivered over 3,000 orders, many at over $40 and up to $200 – $350 with many, many regular returning customers (one of them has ordered over 300 times from me), and I am still maintaining my 100% overall positive rating.
However, it is nothing dramatic, I know some sellers who are making this at least 5 times over, but I am happy with that, as I have other very successful online businesses requiring much less work for better pay, such as Wealthy Affiliate and LeadsLeap for example, plus, I am retired, and I intend to remain “retired ” and enjoy my spare time.
I have quite a considerable experience, and know how to work with Fiverr, not just as a seller, but also as a buyer, as I have also bought for a couple of thousand dollars for services I needed from great fellow “Fiverrers”.
So, my aim with this review is to honestly and in total fairness explain the ins and outs of Fiverr as a buyer and as a seller so that you can decide for your self if it is something that appeals to you.
In a hurry? Here is my final assessment, the details are below:
Product Name: Fiverr®
My Overall Evaluation: 4 ★★★★ out of 5 ★★★★★– PASSED
Cost: $0 for a “Seller” or “Buyer” account: Create your FREE account
Owners: Shai Wininger and Micha Kaufman
Headquartered in: Tel Aviv, Israel
Training: 4.7 / 5.0
Support: 4.0 / 5.0
Success Stories: 4.5 / 5.0
RealDealAffiliate.com Rating: 4.7 / 5.0
So, what is Fiverr?
Fiverr is nothing more than a freelance marketplace, where you can buy and sell services starting at $5, where the name “Fiverr” has originated.
It begun operating in 2009 and since, then it has grown at rather a fantastic speed. Micha Kaufman, the CEO of Fiverr, recently claimed in an interview with TechCrunch, that the freelancing website has completed over 25 Million transactions at the time of the interview, one-third of which have come in the last one year.
How does Fiverr work?
Once you have signed up for a FREE account, you will have the opportunity to buy services starting at $5, such as promoting your website or blog on social media, creating a fully functional WordPress blog, creating a custom animation video, and just about anything you can think of, it is there, and some of the weird stuff, trust me!
You will also be able to sell your skills by creating your own Gigs, or have them created for you, ready to make money, just in case you are not of the crafty type.
For example, you might be an expert in logo designing, you might love to write and/or edit books, maybe your are a musician, a great cartoonist, you are fluent in several languages and could do some translations etc., then you can sell your expertise at the price you want.
What sorts of Gigs can I create?
The type of Gigs you can create is basically limited to your creativity and imagination. You can create any Gig for whatever you like as long as it complies with the Fiverr’s Terms of Service.
A Gig can simply be a skill job such as graphics designing, animation, programming, SEO or non-technical stuff like making happy birthday calls, recording funny video, advertising, promoting, writing, translating, etc.
My most popular Gig on Fiverr will help get traffic to your website, blog, Fiverr Gig, etc. by sharing your link on about 50 very popular social platforms.
If you want to know more, watch this short YouTube video ⬎
Here are a few of my over 2,250 happy clients:
The above clients’ reviews are certified real and can be viewed on >> my Fiverr account!
How do you get paid?
Once someone is interested in what you are offering, they buy your Gig plus the Extras if you have any and if they need extra services, at the price you have stated, Fiverr collect the money from your buyer and keep it in an escrow account.
Once the work is delivered, the buyer will have three days to respond and post a review (or 14 days for Gigs that require shipping).
As a seller, your will have to respect the delivery time that you have specified when you created your Gig, if not, you will be penalized by Fiverr and your client can request cancellation of the order. You cannot change the delivery date on the order you have received, but if you need a bit more time to complete the order, you can ask your buyer for an extension. He/she is not obligated to accept.
If no response has been posted by the buyer within the reaction time, the order will be considered completed and accepted. After your order has been delivered and marked as completed, you will have to wait 14 days to withdraw your funds.
When delivering your work, your customer can refuse it and ask for a re-delivery. This will stop the clock from ticking and you will have all the time you need to satisfy your client. But, by experience it is much better to have a satisfied customer at first delivery.
Fiverr uses a simple level system for its sellers
- No Level Seller
- Level 1 Seller
- Level 2 Seller
- Top Rated Seller
- Fiverr Pro (a newly introduced sort of distinction)
The higher the level the sellers have attained, the more Gigs they can create and offer more Gig Extras as well as Gig Multiples with each Gig.
The level system is can be helpful for buyers in search of a responsible seller, as sellers at higher levels are normally most trustworthy or have a better experience than sellers at lower levels.
Below are the various levels at Fiverr along with their benefits:
No Level Seller
This is the level where a new seller will fit in:
Benefits at this level:
- 7 Active Gigs
- 2 Gig Extras ($5, $10, $20)
- 5 Gig Multiples
Level 1 Seller
To reach Level 1, the seller will need:
- 30 days of activity on Fiverr
- Must have completed a minimum of 10 individual orders
- Has to maintain a 4 star rating and above
- Still with a low cancellation rate
Benefits at this level:
- Will be able to create 15 Active Gigs
- Can offer 4 Gig Extras ($5, $10, $20, $40)
- Will have the power suggest 10 Gig Multiples
Level 2 Seller
To reach Level 2, the seller will need:
- To Complete at least 50 individual orders in 2 consecutive months
- Maintain a minimum of 4.5 star rating
- And still have a low cancellation rate
Benefits at this level:
- Can create 20 Active Gigs
- Can offer 5 Gig Extras ($5, $10, $20, $40, $50)
- May receive 15 Gig Multiples
- And benefit from priority customer support
Top Rated Seller
To reach Top Rated Level, the seller will need:
- Must maintain a high star rating (4.7-5 star rating)
- Must have the reputation of giving an exceptional customer care
- To maintain a low cancellation rate
- Must be known as a leader community
- A very high volume of sales
Benefits at this level:
- Having 20 Active Gigs
- 5 Gig Extras ($5, $10, $20, $40, $50)
- 15 Gig Multiples
- And enjoy priority customer support
Pro Level Seller
As mentioned above this is a sort of level that has recently been introduced.
For a seller to achieve a Fiverr Pro listing, they need high ratings as well as an extensive professional and educational background, all verified by references, certificates, and a portfolio of work.
What are Fiverr processing fee
The processing fees are rather high at Fiverr. They charge 2% or $1 whichever is higher, for their fees. which means that for a completed Gig, instead of $5, you will in fact get $4 in your account which turns out to be 20% commission for Fiverr. This is far too much if you consider that other freelance platforms like Upwork charge only a 10% commission.
Early on, when Fiverr asked why such an expensive cut on their sellers’ work, the response was that they were spending a lot money advertising the sellers’ Gigs. Fair enough, but about 2 years ago they stopped advertising our Gigs explaining that we had to do our own advertisement. But the fee remained unchanged, resulting in a huge decrease in sales.
In addition to processing fees, Fiverr also charges the seller with a withdrawal fee of 2% or $1, whichever is lower.
Is Fiverr A Scam?
Many sellers (including myself) have complained that some of their Fiverr Gigs had been banned with no explanations or warning, just a note saying that they have violated the Terms and Conditions with no explanations or warning.
Once I contacted Support to ask if they could help as I noticed that one of my best Gigs was not producing orders since a week or so. The next morning, one of my many return customers messaged me to ask me where was the Gig they were used to purchase as they wanted to hire my services again. I checked and noticed that that particular Gig had been banned. It was my most productive Gig with hundreds of satisfied customers that was shut down after 3 years of very successful operation. When I contacted support, the response was that I have violated the Terms and Conditions, and they were not allowed to tell me on which precise point.
What can you do if one of your Gigs is banned?
If one of your Gigs is banned, you cannot edit it and put them back online, you can only delete it altogether.
If your Fiverr account is banned, you can withdraw your earnings only after 90 days, but some sellers have claimed that they were not able to withdraw their earnings, even after 90 days.
While such negative episodes do raise doubts regarding the credibility of Fiverr, it is certainly not a scam. You cannot ignore the fact that thousands of people are making their living out of Fiverr without any problems. As a seller, I have had no other problems with Fiverr apart from the above issue.
It is well known that Fiverr favor the sellers in case of any disputes. This is because, if they offer you refund, they lose their 20% commission. They prefer that you as the seller, receive a negative review, which will impact your credibility terribly, and for a very long time, rather than them losing their commission. This is not very much accepted by the sellers and the buyers.
The advantages of being a seller on Fiverr
- As the basic Gig is valued at only $5, a lot of people turn to Fiverr for small tasks; therefore it can attract a lot of work.
- You do not need to have any technical skills to sell on Fiverr. Anyone with creativity can earn money on Fiverr.
- In fact you get paid to do things that you love doing. So you can make money while having fun.
- At Fiverr, buyers search for your Gig, as opposed to other freelance platforms where usually you would have to search for a buyer for your services.
- You can do your own marketing on social media for your Gigs and get more orders.
- It is possible to have your Fiverr gigs posted on some high authority websites such as the “10 Best Of Fiverr Gigs“.
The disadvantages of being a seller on Fiverr
- You have no control over the customers you want or not to work with. When someone buys your Gig, it gets automatically accepted by the system, you cannot refuse it.
- It happens many times that some well informed dishonest buyers blackmail their seller by threatening them to give a poor review if they don’t over deliver by a lot more than they have paid for.
- If you are a new seller trying to sell a popular Gig that is being offered by many other sellers, your Gig may never be visible to the clients.
- Commission charged by Fiverr is quite excessive considering that most people only purchase the basic Gigs at $5.
- You can only withdraw your earnings after 14 days of receiving the payment as Fiverr claim to be for safety reasons; just in case of any issue being raised by the buyer.
- Fiverr can ban you without giving any reason if they feel you violate their Terms and Conditions. This will really hurt the Top Rated Sellers who worked really hard to get good ratings to their name.
The advantages of being a buyer on Fiverr
- If you can only afford $5 for something you want to be done, you can get better quality services at Fiverr, than Upwork or any other Freelance websites.
- If you do not get satisfying results, $5 is all you lose.
- Fiverr offers a variety of Gigs for you to choose from.
- A new seller might deliver a much better job than some higher rated sellers in order to build a reputation.
The disadvantages of being a buyer on Fiverr
- Many sellers offer a full refund to their buyers in case they they are not happy with the services. Although it is not allowed, most buyers offer a refund if their buyer leave a positive feedback which results in seeing non-deserving sellers with higher ratings. This does show up in canceled orders, but as discussed earlier, it is difficult to make out if the order was canceled due to buyer’s fault or seller’s fault.
- Very often, new sellers will buy fake reviews. Asking their friends or other new sellers to purchase their Gig and then give them a 5 star review. They will just lose $1 (plus processing charges). This makes the rating system totally unreliable.
- You really have to shop very carefully on Fiverr. You can’t really trust the rating system. Give it try and purchase only at the basic $5 at first, and after having read all the reviews.
And finally, is it worth to work with Fiverr?
You will find many positive and negative reviews in whichever freelance platforms you wish to deal with; and Fiverr is no exception.
In any case, as a seller, you have nothing to lose by creating a Gig and selling your services on Fiverr, and if your idea is creative enough and unique, you may just end up earning much more than you would have imagined. There are many sellers who are earning over $1,000 per month with their Fiverr business, I am one of them since 2011.
However, as a buyer, you need to be very careful when choosing a Gig. There is a risk factor involved, as with any freelance website or even with real life contracts for that matter; but it is worth losing $5 and perhaps having a great job done.
My final word:
Being free to join, it is worth giving it a try, as a seller, you might surprise yourself by discovering skills you had and never thought you could monetise. As a buyer, as I said at the beginning of this review, you will need to work with Fiverr sooner or later as you business grows and find that your time is better spent attending to more important tasks when you could find a reliable seller on Fiverr who could help you on your online venture. So, yes, go for it…
If you wish to learn more about starting your own online business from home, click on the banner below …
You might also like to read the below articles that I have selected for you:
- How To Create A Niche Website ?
- Where To Find Ideas To Write About In A Blog
- Why Is Self Motivation Important – Believe In Yourself
And remember that you can subscribe to my newsletter so that you will be instantly notified by email when a new article is made available for you to read. Just follow this link ~~> Subscribe to my Newsletter!
Thanks for reading
After reading this article, you will know what is the best home based business for stay at home moms, or for just about anyone for that matter. If you have any tips on the subject we would love to hear from you. And, if you have any questions, please use the box below and I will respond as soon as possible. If you enjoyed this article please share it socially and leave a comment below, I will highly appreciate it!
I am a Premium Member of Wealthy Affiliate, where I have learned how to share my passions. I am inviting you to join my team and learn how to become successful in business and retire early. It is 100% FREE to join, learn and earn! Click the button below and I’ll see you on the other side.
And I have also selected for you a few books that you might find useful for your business ⬎